The recent temperature warm up has us all anxious for spring to arrive. Right now is the perfect time to start thinking about upcoming spring home maintenance. There are things that you can do both inside and outside your home to prepare it for the change in season. Travelers Insurance has a handy little checklist here, but we’ll post some of their great tips here for you to checkout.
Inside Your Home
- Have your air-conditioning system inspected by a professional.
- Check your water heater for leaks and corrosion.
- Clean or replace your furnace filter.
- Inspect your smoke detectors.
Outside Your Home
- Check for damage to your roof.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Remove dead trees in your yard.
- Keep healthy trees and bushes trimmed and away from utility wires.
- Repair cracked, broken, or uneven driveways and walkways.
Certainly, some of these things cannot be done until the nicer weather is here to stay, but it never hurts to plan ahead. If you need professional help, now is the time to contact those businesses or individuals and set up appointment times. Spring will be here before you know it (we hope!), plan ahead so you are prepared and can enjoy the beautiful days ahead!
On a side note, if you own an RV or boat or are in the market to buy an RV or boat, stop by our booth at the Dubuque RV and Boat Show this weekend, Friday February 26-Sunday February 28 to chat with us about your insurance needs.